Wilkinson Walsh + Eskovitz has one purpose: winning high-stakes trials.
Best Trial Teams
Before joining forces, we were partners at some of the top large litigation firms in the country. We formed Wilkinson Walsh + Eskovitz because trial work is our passion and expertise. We successfully and efficiently serve our clients through a smaller firm focused on trying and winning cases. Based on our success in just our first year of existence, Benchmark Litigation named Wilkinson Walsh + Eskovitz the “Boutique Firm of the Year,” praising the firm as a “litigator’s dream shop.”
Our founding partners have tried over 100 cases to verdict. We know that trials are won by tight-knit teams of smart, innovative, and highly skilled litigators committed to delivering excellent results for their clients. That is who we are. Our senior lawyers include:
- The American Lawyer Litigator of the Year and a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Four former federal prosecutors and two former federal defenders
- Former law clerks to federal trial and appellate judges across the country, including four former Supreme Court clerks
Our associates are the best and brightest young lawyers in the country. Educated at the nation’s best law schools, these top-caliber women and men have exceptional energy, experience, and talent. They have spent considerable time in the courtroom and they share our passion for trial work as well as our commitment to outstanding client service. Through training and first-hand experience, we are developing the next generation of great trial lawyers.
Our results speak for themselves. Together, we have successfully tried cases to juries and judges across the country, from Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, and San Francisco to New York, Washington, Philadelphia, and Boston—and many places in between (including St. Louis, Denver, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Omaha).
Since WW+E opened its doors in 2016, we have notched significant victories in courts throughout the country:
- We won the first bellwether trial in New Orleans in a multi-district litigation involving the drug Xarelto. Plaintiffs claimed that our client, Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, had failed to provide adequate warnings to doctors about risks associated with the drug. The jury returned a unanimous defense verdict roughly one hour after closing arguments. Founding partner Beth Wilkinson was named American Lawyer’s Litigator of the Week and a Law360 Legal Lion for her work leading the defense team.
- We won a complete defense verdict for Altria Group Inc.’s Philip Morris unit in a three-week jury trial in St. Louis. Plaintiffs sought more than $1.5 billion in compensatory and punitive damages based on claims that the company had deceived smokers with the marketing of Marlboro Lights. The jury issued a complete defense verdict after deliberating for less than an hour.
- WW+E celebrated its first two pro bono victories, obtaining a civil protection order in a contested domestic violence trial and winning asylum for a sixteen-year-old client fleeing persecution in Honduras.
Today, WW+E’s clients include Facebook, the National Football League, Pfizer, Georgia-Pacific, Bayer, Theranos, Puma Biotech, the NCAA, and several other major corporations.
Our lawyers also achieved remarkable results before founding the firm:
- A full defense verdict, after less than 2 hours of jury deliberation, in the first case ever tried in the national litigation claiming that Pfizer’s anti-depressant Zoloft causes birth defects. We went on to win another full defense verdict, just 2 months later, in the second Zoloft case ever tried.
- A full defense verdict for Philip Morris USA, after a three-month trial, in a California consumer fraud class action against Marlboro Lights. Cross-examination of plaintiffs’ experts at trial demonstrated that the class had suffered no injury, causing the trial court to reject plaintiffs’ claim for over a billion dollars in damages, a decision that has been affirmed on appeal.
- Full dismissal of a 10-year-old securities fraud case against Pfizer, just weeks before trial was scheduled to begin. Brought in as lead counsel as the case headed to trial, we successfully moved to exclude plaintiffs’ damages expert, the former Dean of the Chicago Law School, thereby ending plaintiffs’ case.
- A complete win for internet entrepreneur Michael Rubin against breach of contract and tortious interference claims by the founders of internet flash sale site Rue La La. Hired just 3 weeks before trial, we convinced the judge and jury, in a combined bench/jury trial, to reject Rue La La’s claims in their entirety.
- Four consecutive full defense verdicts in federal court and the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas in national litigation claiming that Pfizer’s hormone therapy medication, Prempro, causes breast cancer.
The heart of every case is a story that connects with judges and juries. From the very beginning of every case, we work to uncover that story, convey it to the judge, and prepare to share it with the jury. We master the complex facts and law so that we can present each case in a clear, concise, and compelling way.
Not all of our cases go to trial, but we work efficiently and maximize settlement value by staying laser-focused on how we would prevail at trial. Our track record and pre-trial strategy demonstrate to our adversaries that we are prepared to go to trial and to win.
Fees That Work
For every matter, we price our services to align our incentives with our clients’ success. Our goal is to win your case, and our billing arrangements reflect that. We favor billing arrangements that provide value and predictability for our clients, including:
- Monthly retainers, subject to adjustment with workflow
- Flat per-project fees
- Success fees